- All invoices are sent out by email so please check your spam box in case it doesn’t come through to your main inbox. If for some reason you do not receive your invoice, then please contact Laura’s Swim Academy & another email or text will be sent to you. Term dates are in your home portal upon registering & therefore the client’s responsibility to re-enroll on time.
- New swimmers may pay for the first trial session individually to see how they get on and then make a full payment for the rest of the course before the next session, in order to save the place.
- Lessons usually run over a six-week block, unless advised differently. At some pools we teach throughout the whole year (apart from bank holiday weekends and the Christmas and New Year period). At others we don’t teach over any of the holiday periods. This information will be given to you upon registering.
- You will be informed about the new course payment/dates on the 3rd from last week of the current course. Then you will need to pay no later than a week before the last lesson to secure your space. After then your space will be offered on a ‘first come first served’ basis to others.
Example for re enrolment for a six week course
Course of six weeks – invoiced week four, paid by week five, any payments not taken will be released to new clients by week six.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer. Cash or cheque payments are upon request & payable to Laura Kent. In a named envelope and left with a staff member on poolside.
- Clients cannot attend a lesson if the payment hasn’t been made beforehand. If the payment is brought on the day, then it can be a cash payment only, in a named envelope. If your bank transfer hasn’t processed then you will be asked to bring cash for the lesson to attend (once the transfer has processed it will be amended accordingly).